Friday, April 27, 2012

DONNA KARAN


Ever since stumbling across her home while looking for images of Francis Bacon, Donna Karan’s Manhattan apartment has always been a favourite of mine.


The use of large scale art and the simplicity of the furniture selected throughout the rooms have always drawn me towards this style icon’s way of decorating.

Her use of bold natural items such as wood stone & marble has not only given this home a casual elegant look, yet a sophisticated lived in feel.

My favourite item in the entire house though has to be the Francis Bacon painting that she bought for her husband.

2 comments:

  1. You should see it in person! It exudes an effortlessly chic, sensual elegance. And, the light of evening changes the apartment dramatically. (the Bacon is my favourite thing too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jason do I know you ?

    Either way you're so lucky to have seen this in person.
    This work by Bacon is my favorite and the simple gold frame makes it even more appealing.

    Luckily I've just bought tickets online today for the Fransic Bacon echibition now showing in Sydney from the 17th November -24th Feb 2013.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete